In his book, “The Tao of Willie: A Guide to the Happiness in Your Heart,” Willie Nelson said, “Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.” The musical icon did seem to have a certain way about him and I think his words still ring true. At the very least, there is always room for more positivity in the world, our relationships and ourselves. And what better way to build that positivity than to share it in our interactions with others? You’ll have plenty of chances to spread some sunshine this weekend. Check out this list of fun things to do around Bellingham—Nov. 17—19. And be sure to check out our full events calendar for all the great local happenings.
- Celebrate peace at the 15th Annual Peace Builder Awards.
- Peruse the offerings at the Red Barn Handpicked Holiday Market.
- Party at the The Third Annual Hamster Ball.
- Indulge in the 47th Annual Cheese Fest.
- Decorate for the holidays.
- Be wowed by the Silhouette Artist at Launching Success.
- Take in some culture with Gallery Tours: Jansen Art Center.
- Get crafty by making Woven Star Ornaments.
- Experience Michael Kaeshammer performing at MBT.
- Have some classic fall fun.
- Take a road trip to the new Sumas Historical Society and Museum.
- Stock up on groceries.
- Help your kids learn to skate.
- Welcome back Village Books founder Chuck Robinson and hear about his epic journey.
- Contribute to a worthy cause.
- Get your tickets for upcoming holiday shows at MBT.
- Curl up with a good book.
- Attend the Home for the Holidays Sale.
- Get fit.
- Learn the art of printmaking.
- Hike the great outdoors.
- Indulge in a good massage.
- Enjoy a hike with a view.
- Play games with friends.
- Get started on writing and publishing your own book.
- Celebrate the second anniversary of Village Books and Paper Dreams in Lynden.
Up Next Weekend:
- Spirit Festival at BelleWood Acres
- Scrooge the Musical
- Craft Spirit Cocktails 101 Mixology Class
- Return to Vietnam with Tom Philpot
- Old Time Radio Tunes—Live at Pizza’zza
- Open Mic at Village Inn Pub & Eatery
- Bela Fleck & Abigail Washburn
- Bellingham City Council Meeting
- Jazz Jam Session
- Canaletto and the Art of Venice
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Photo credit: Jodi Broughton