Hallelujah! Another wonderful weekend is upon us! So much to see. So much to do. But where to start? I’d recommend you start by checking out these fun Whatcom County weekend events, including our great local farmers’ markets. Don’t forget to check our full events calendar for all the great local happenings this weekend.
- Contribute to a legacy project with the Deming Community Quilt Project.
- Root for your favorite Hogwarts house at Quidditch Fest.
- Go behind the scenes at Mount Baker Theatre’s Embark! Open House.
- Cheer on the Bellingham Bells.
- Check out BAAY’s production of The Drowsy Chaperone.
- Take an interest in local government at the Bellingham City Council Meeting.
- Learn how to make no-bake summer desserts.
- Forage for Fun.
- Stock up on fresh, locally grown, healthy produce at the Ferndale Farmers Market, Bellingham Farmers Market and Twin Sisters Farmers Market.
- Try some delicious Ethiopian Food.
- Indulge in some classic summer activities.
- Take the family out to eat at these delicious and affordable local restaurants.
- Jump in the water and go for a swim.
- Set sail.
- Hit the trails for some of the best mountain biking in the state.
- Hike the great outdoors.
Up Next Weekend:
- Reader’s Theatre Shakespeare Camp
- Pigs on the Wing—a Tribute to Pink Floyd
- Meals on Wheels Rocks the Farm
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Main photo credit: Jodi Broughton