Submitted by Whatcom Transportation Authority
Whatcom Transportation Authority (WTA) has launched EngageWTA, an online platform designed to encourage community participation and gather feedback on transportation initiatives. Residents of Whatcom County can visit EngageWTA to share their ideas, questions, and experiences, helping shape the future of transportation in our community.
WTA invites residents to provide feedback and participate in the following topics:
- Rapid Transit Study: Help WTA assess two potential Rapid Transit lines within Bellingham, comparing existing conditions and transit improvements for each route.
- Bike to Work and School Day: Share your favorite bike routes and photos, promoting active transportation within our community.
- Zero Emission Buses: Join us in progressing towards our goal of achieving a 100% zero-emission fleet by 2040.
- Sustainability Plan: Contribute to WTA’s commitment to reducing greenhouse gas emissions from our vehicle fleet and administrative operations.
- Bellingham Station Visioning Study: Support the growth of the WTA network and explore ideas for enriching Downtown Bellingham.
Topics will be added or updated as projects progress.
“EngageWTA is an exciting step forward in our community engagement efforts,” said Les Reardanz, WTA General Manager. “It’s our goal to make participation more accessible by leveraging this online platform. The input received through EngageWTA will help us make more informed decisions and promote transparency in our processes.”
To get started with EngageWTA, please visit engage.ridewta.com. We look forward to hearing your thoughts and working together towards a better transportation future for our community.