It’s time for another fantastic weekend! Here are a few ideas to get you out there and having some fun. And don’t forget to check out our full events calendar for everything happening in and around Bellingham April 26–28.
- Celebrate Fairhaven’s founder at the 17th annual Dirty Dan Harris Festival!
- Attend the Chanticleer Authors Conference at the Hotel Bellwether.
- Head to Habitat for Humanity’s annual Raise the Roof Auction at the Depot Market.
- Support the Boys & Girls Clubs of Whatcom County at its 5th annual Inspire Higher Dreams Gala & Auction.
- Drop the kiddos at Kids Night Out at Western Washington University.
- Enjoy a free classical music performance by the North Cascade Community Orchestra.
- Catch ‘Unstable By Design,’ a new play by Sylvia Center Artistic Director Glenn Hergenhahn-Zhao.
- Learn ‘The Truth About Plastics’ at this forum at Whatcom Community College.
- Take your little ones to the Fairhaven Builders Club and let them create with LEGO, Duplo bricks, and more.
- Go on a scavenger hunt with Skookum Kids!
- Join in at the YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day.
- Raise a glass and raise some funds for the Max Higbee Center at the 18th annual April Brews Day.
- Wish Mount Baker Theatre a happy 92nd birthday with Artrageous!
- Hit up the Books by the Bay Book Fair.
- Join in the Great LEGO Build-Off!
- Sunday is Whatcom Parkscripton Day!
- Hitch a ride and enjoy a 2-hour walk around Stimpson Nature Reserve — Whatcom Smart Trips will get folks there, free of charge, via Whatcom Transportation Authority.
- Take in Whatcom Museum’s exhibit ‘Firsts in Flight: A Hidden History.’
- There’s always something spectacular to see at the Pickford Film Center.
- Join a drumming circle!
- Tour historic Old City Hall.
- Take a contemporary dance class at the FireHouse Arts and Events Center!
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Featured photo by Stacee Sledge