Looking for something to do this weekend? If you like the arts—music, theatre, visual arts and more—there’s plenty on the calendar. You can also go cheer on contestants of the second annual Bellingham’s Got Talent. Is photography your thing? Join award-winning photographer Andy Porter on a night shoot of the Milky Way in North Cascades National Park. We can point you to these events and many more, below, and you can always our full events calendar here.
- Experience Strange Fruit, a dance/theater piece performed by Spectrum Dance Theater as part of its Black History Month WWU residency.
- Catch a performance of Something in the Stars at BAAY Theatre.
- Like the symphony? Then get yourself to the Bayshore Symphony’s Season 16 Winter Concert at Bellingham’s Central Lutheran Church.
- Enjoy Fairhaven Family Story Night with the Bellingham Storyteller’s Guild.
- Support the Assistance League of Bellingham’s sock drive for Whatcom County kids in need.
- Join award-winning Skagit Valley photographer Andy Porter on a small-group expedition to capture images of the Milky Way on a moonless night in North Cascades National Park.
- Have your aura photographed by intuitive energy coach Charles Crooks.
- Serial Killers continues at the Sylvia Center for the Arts, a sudden-death tournament of episodic plays—voted on by audience members—that culminates in theatrical glory and cash prizes.
- Take in Gallery Syre’s Youth Art Exhibition and learn more about the ‘Wishes and Dreams’ open call here.
- Put your hat in the ring or simply cheer on the contestants at Bellingham’s Got Talent at the Mount Baker Theatre.
- Boundary Bay is celebrating cult classic movies and February’s film is The Princess Bride. Head to the Mountain Room for an evening of movie trivia, costumes, and much more.
- See the Clair vg Thomas Theatre’s production of The Curious Savage.
WhatcomTalk strives to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Featured photo by Willadee Worthington-King