There’s no denying the fall season is in full effect and there’s plenty to do around Whatcom County this weekend. Here’s our weekly list to get the ideas flowing. And don’t forget to check our full events calendar for all the great local goings-on this weekend.
- It’s the first Friday of the month, which means Art Walk! Start your stroll at Make.Shift Gallery with its Radiant Reflections exhibit.
- Do the time warp again with the Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Mount Baker Theatre.
- Find crafts and art from local Whatcom County Artists at the Semiahmoo Marina Store and Cafe’s Bazaar by the Bay.
- Support the Assistance League of Bellingham while perusing handcrafted gift and enjoying wonderful cookies, candies, cakes and more at its annual Yule Boutique.
- Start your holiday shopping at Hillcrest Church’s annual Holiday Arts & Crafts Fair in Fairhaven.
- Take part in the GLOW 5K walk/run that benefits Dementia Support Northwest.
- Visit Lynden’s Jansen Art Center and its Fall Fiber Showcase 2019, featuring local tapestry weaver Linda Rees.
- Enjoy a house concert with Joe Jencks and Wes Weddell at the Chuckanut Center.
- Raise funds for NorthWest Therapeutic Riding Center at its annual Denim to Diamonds Dinner & Auction.
- An avid winter enthusiast? Then don’t miss the 20th annual Mt. Baker Film & Art Festival.
- Learn all about Bellingham-based artist Ed Bereal at his first museum retrospective, Wanted: Ed Bereal for Disturbing the Peace, at the Whatcom Museum. Featured in last week’s New York Times!
- Celebrate the Roaring ’20s at a fundraiser for Seattle Children’s Hospital at Lairmont Manor.
- Catch Blaine Community Theater’s presentation of The Witches.
- See the iDiOM Theater’s production of The Norman Conquests, by Alan Ayckbourn.
- The Whatcom Museum is re-introducing Family Activity Day with a Día de los Muertos, or Day of the Dead, celebration.
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Featured photo by Randy Small of Randy Small Photography