Looking for a few activities to keep you entertained this weekend? Let WhatcomTalk offer up some ideas. You can also check our full events calendar for all the great local goings-on.
- Join in at Barkley Village’s Spirit Walk, with all proceeds benefiting Brigadoon Service Dogs.
- Doctober at Pickford Film Center means a bevy of fantastic documentaries to choose from.
- Something is afoul this Halloween season in Old City Hall. Take a haunted tour and find out all about it.
- Take the kids (early) or a group of adults (later) to the 5th annual Nightmare on Railroad haunted house in Boundary Bay’s Fear Garden.
- Go birding on Bellingham Bay and surrounding areas via the Snow Goose.
- Belly up to a good old fashioned pancake breakfast at the Lynden Community Center.
- Need a laugh? Head to the FireHouse Arts and Events Center for An Evening of Improv.
- Bring your LEGO-loving littles to Fairhaven Builders Club.
- Visit Lynden’s Jansen Art Center and its Fall Fiber Showcase 2019, featuring local tapestry weaver Linda Rees.
- Learn all about Bellingham-based artist Ed Bereal at his first museum retrospective, Wanted: Ed Bereal for Disturbing the Peace, at the Whatcom Museum.
- Head over to the Bellingham Handmade Market, a rotating selection of local makers hosted by Goods Local Brews and Goods Nursery & Produce.
- Join experts from the North Cascades Audubon Society at Old City Hall for its monthly Audubon at the Museum series.
- Immerse yourself in a poetry workshop at Mindport Exhibits with four award-winning poets, including Washington’s state poet laureate.
- Catch Blaine Community Theater’s presentation of The Witches.
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Featured photo by Jodi Broughton