Ready to make those weekend plans? WhatcomTalk can help. Here’s our list of events happening in and around Bellingham September 20-22. And don’t forget to check our full events calendar for all the great local goings-on this weekend.
- Bellingham SeaFeast returns, celebrating our area’s culinary bounty and the people who make it possible.
- Folk/pop artist Marc Scibilia plays a benefit concert for Skookum Kids at Bellewood Farms.
- Choose your challenge (a 6-, 12-, 24- or 32-hour run!) while you benefit the Whatcom Family YMCA, Whatcom Humane Society, and Trailsisters at the Hamster Endurance Run at Lake Padden.
- It’s time for the 3rd annual Soktoberfest at Overflow Taps.
- Hit the Bellingham Handmade Market, a rotating selection of local makers hosted by Goods Local Brews and Goods Nursery & Produce.
- Want to learn more about local roller derby? Attend the Roller Betties Booty Camp—no skating experience required!
- iDiOM Theater takes a comical spin on The Odyssey with Godlike.
- Take in the work of Bellingham-based artist Ed Bereal at his first museum retrospective, Wanted: Ed Bereal for Disturbing the Peace, at the Whatcom Museum.
- Catch the Bellingham Theatre Guild’s production of Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None.
- Enjoy Fairhaven Family Story Night with the Bellingham Storyteller’s Guild.
- Love quilts? Then you won’t want to miss the 16th Biennial Quilt Show, presented by Evergreen Quilters.
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Featured photo by Willadee Worthington-King