It doesn’t seem possible that August is already ending. Thankfully, there are still summer events going on and lots of other fun activities. From live music and theatre performances to college volleyball and an ’80s singalong, there are plenty of things to do around Whatcom County. Check out our highlights below. And don’t forget to check our full events calendar for all the great local goings-on this weekend.
- Cheer on the WWU volleyball team as they go up against British Columbia.
- Stop by the Ferndale Farmers Market.
- Enjoy an evening with radio journalist and best-selling author Louise Penny at the Mount Baker Theatre.
- Grab your biggest can of Aquanet, pretend it’s a microphone, and head to Thousand Acre Cider for an 80’s singalong.
- Catch a performance of Pippin at BAAY Theatre.
- Raise a pint while you raise funds for the Community Food Co-op’s Farm Fund at Boundary Bay.
- Explore What Lies Beneath: Minerals of the Pacific Northwest at Whatcom Museum Old City Hall.
- Propel yourself on a magical bioluminescent paddle with the Community Boating Center on Bellingham Bay.
- Amble through the past on a Sin and Gin Tour of downtown Bellingham with the Good Time Girls.
- Take the family on a Plover ride.
- Swing by the Fairhaven Village Green to hear the Atlantics perform jazz and blues on Sunday afternoon.
- Listen to the sounds of Canadian country recording artist Cory Gallant, along with guitarist Roland Beaulieu at the Jansen Art Center.
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Featured photo courtesy of the Blaine Chamber of Commerce