WhatcomTalk is expanding our writing team to include additional business writers. Join our group of paid, professional writers as a freelance business writer on our growing team. Tell stories about what it’s like to live, work and play in Whatcom County with a focus on profiles of local businesses and their role in the community.
WhatcomTalk publishes positive stories about people, businesses and organizations doing good things in communities around Whatcom County. Our stories are published online and distributed via social media to followers via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Our platform reaches thousands of viewers each month – people that want to know about great things happening around us.
Learn more about WhatcomTalk in this recent “Year in Review” article sharing milestones and growth in 2017.
- Proven experience creating error-free articles on deadline
- Ability to professionally interview and interface with local business owners
- Interest in writing featured business articles on specific, set topics
- Flexibility to conduct interviews during regular business hours in-person
- Reliability and consistency
- Strong self-motivation skills
- Skills to take quality photographs during interviews to submit with stories
- Initiative to pitch story ideas on a monthly basis
- Fluent usage of technology – email, word processing, photo editing, internet
- Sincere passion for sharing the positive stories happening in our community
- Submit a resume in Word format to email@example.com.
- Include a writing sample of 200 words (or less) about why you love your community.
- Include three samples of previously published writing.
- Please address any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not include additional work samples or references unless requested.
Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on June 10, 2018.