Submitted by Jansen Art Center
The Jansen Art Center is pleased to announce our 10th anniversary celebration. During the multi-day celebration we’re inviting our community to experience all The J has to offer through specially curated events, including the Denim & Diamonds gala on August 5.
Since opening in 2012, The Jansen Art Center has been widely embraced by residents of Whatcom County and beyond, in part due to the expansive programming and events offered throughout the year. In 2021, we hosted more than 11,000 program visits and are on pace to double our attendance rates in 2022. We couldn’t provide quality programming without our supporters and their generous contributions.
All proceeds generated from the Denim & Diamonds gala directly support the mission of The J. Tickets for the event are $100 each and include a plated meal, alcoholic beverages (cheers!), live entertainment, exclusive access to the live auction, and private bidding in silent auction. Want to get in on the bidding action? Please see below:
- Our live auction will feature 12 unique Pacific Northwest experiences, such as an exclusive dinner for 10 by board member and chef Terry Redden and a day of off-roading with Executive Director Vin Quenneville.
- Our silent auction offers the chance for those unable to attend the Denim & Diamonds gala to get in on the action. The Silent Auction will run July 30 to August 7, 2022, and will be held virtually. Please visit our website to access the auction while bidding is taking place. Other events on the docket for our celebration include Celebrate the Schimmel + Champagne Toast on August 4 and an all-day celebration at the center on August 6. Our 10th anniversary celebration on August 6 features live music and a 10% discount on all class registrations and concert tickets. Live music kicks off at 11 a.m. and will run in conjunction with programming in the textile, ceramics, and jewelry studios. The day’s festivities will wrap up at 5 p.m. Please see below for featured programming.
- Indigo Dye Dip — Pick a napkin that is pre-stamped with resist, twist up your own design and dip!
- Take and Make Dog Tags — Create a gift for your favorite furry friend. Swing in and make a quick present and pick up some new skills while you’re here!
- Swizzle Sticks — Twist, bend and create your own swizzle sticks. Add the garnish of your choice and you’re all set for cocktail hour.
“The Jansen Art Center was born out of the need of a place where artists could create, teach, and engage the community in art,” says Founder Heidi Doornenbal. “We are most grateful to have the support of the community, exemplified by the vibrancy of our studios, exhibits and performances, dedicated staff, [and] volunteers who give their time and talents to further our mission. We look forward to continuing to serve as a resource, meeting place, safe environment, and expressive center for the community for generations to come!”
Please visit our website to reserve your tickets and start planning your visit.
The J would like to thank Audi Bellingham, BECU, Newsroom, and Avenue Bread for their contributions to make our 10th anniversary celebration a success. See everyone soon!
About The Jansen Art Center
The Jansen Art Center opened in the summer of 2012 and has been a focal point for regional arts appreciation and education ever since. A vibrant space that’s bursting with creativity, our multi-disciplinary art center offers year-round classes exhibits and concerts, all set inside a beautifully renovated historical building. At the site of Lynden’s former city hall and fire station now stands a welcoming artistic community, full of opportunities for enhancement of skills and personal growth. Classes at the J rotate seasonally, with options for artists of all ages and skill levels. Whether it’s ceramics, painting, jewelry, music, textiles, or exhibits — if you’re thinking about stretching your creative limbs, this is the place to do it. The Jansen Art Center is a nonprofit organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. All or a portion of donations to Jansen Art Center are tax-deductible.