Here comes the weekend! Let WhatcomTalk give you inspiration for enjoying it to the fullest with our list of events happening in and around Bellingham, February 14-16. And don’t forget you can access our full events calendar here.
- Serial Killers continues at the Sylvia Center for the Arts, a sudden-death tournament of episodic plays—voted on by audience members—that culminates in theatrical glory and cash prizes.
- See Northwest abstract painter Barbara Sternberger’s new exhibit at the Inn at Lynden.
- Bring your boots and hats and enjoy the country music of Buck Ellard and the Buck Ellard Band at Sammy’s Night Club in Ferndale.
- Help the Assistance League of Bellingham celebrate its 38th anniversary with a storewide sale on Saturday at its thrift and gift shop at 2817 Meridian Street.
- Let cellist Colin Carr and pianist Thomas Sauer take you on a journey of joyful virtuosity with an all-Beethoven program that celebrates the 250th anniversary of the creative genius’s birth.
- View photographs by Ansel Adams and Leonard Frank at Whatcom Museum Old City Hall, with a compelling collection that presents two views of internment and incarceration in the early 1940s.
- Experience the Grammy Award-winning Gatlin Brothers perform at the Mount Baker Theatre.
- Attend Vox & Friends: Uncorked – A Musical Cabaret and help benefit Vox Pacifica.
- Take part in Dances for Universal Peace at the Center for Mindful Use.
- Attend the Whatcom Museum’s exhibition partnership with the Smithsonian, Conversations Between Collections.
- Looking for some laughs? Go see comedian Phill Kopczynski’s Comedy for Lovers.
- Explore the Global Language of Headwear: Cultural Identity, Rites of Passage, and Spirituality exhibit at Whatcom Museum Old City Hall.
WhatcomTalk strives to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Featured photo by Lori Thompson