Can you believe it? We’re already in the thick of holiday festivals and bazaars and celebrations. Here are a few ideas for things to do this weekend—as a family, with friends, or even to give yourself some solo time. And don’t forget to check out our full events calendar for everything happening in and around Bellingham December 6-8.
- Winterfest brings the spirit of Christmas to Fairhaven.
- The whole family will love the annual Holiday Port Festival—stop by Friday, Saturday or Sunday at the Bellingham Cruise Terminal.
- Get some serious locally produced holiday shopping done at the Holiday Festival of the Arts, running through December 24th.
- The Ferndale Heritage Society hosts its annual Olde Fashioned Christmas in Pioneer Park on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Take in a charming musical, led by children ages 9-12, with BAAY’s Honk, an adaptations of Hans Christian Andersen’s The Ugly Duckling.
- Decorate holiday sugar cookies during the annual Lynden Lighted Christmas event.
- Up for some shenanigans? Then don’t miss the Good Time Girls’ Holiday History Hi-Jinks.
- Enjoy the 4th annual Holiday Magic concert, complete with a screening of the 1982 short film the Snowman, live music from the Bellingham Symphony Orchestra, and local children’s choirs from Geneva, Lowell and Northern Heights Elementary schools.
- Can one ever get enough of Bill Murray? Head to Boundary Bay’s Mountain Room on Sunday and find out with A Year of Murray, a screening of Scrooged and stocking decorating.
- Portland comedian DK Reinemer brings his Becoming Magic Mike one-man show to the Sylvia Center for the Arts.
- Head to the Lynden Community Center for its annual holiday pancake breakfast and holiday bake and craft sale.
- The Jansen Art Center is proud to present Chrisen Mattix’s exhibit, Kaleidoscopic, as well as Trish Harding’s Separated From Normal.
- Stop in at the Bellingham Senior Activity Center for its free Tour of Trees event.
- Meet local artist Richard Nevels at an open house showcasing the beautiful boxes he creates from found beach wood.
- Visit Sinterklaas at the Inn at Lynden on Saturday.
- Hear Handel’s timeless Messiah performed by the Whatcom Chorale at Mount Baker Theatre.
- Re-visit WhatcomTalk’s round-up of holiday activities right here.
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Featured photo by Royal Reinsch of 1PaperBoat