The leaves are changing, the air is crisp and fall is fully in the air. Looking for a few activities to keep you busy this weekend? WhatcomTalk offers up some suggestions with our weekly TO DO list. And check out our full events calendar for even more great local goings-on this weekend.
- It’s Doctober at the Pickford Film Center, which means a bushel of fantastic documentaries to choose from.
- Raise a glass while you raise funds for youth recreation scholarships at the 4th annual Hoptoberfest at the Bellingham Sportsplex.
- Enjoy world-class wines at Grape and Gourmet, a benefit for the Bellingham Bay Rotary Club and the many local nonprofits it supports. This year’s event takes place at the fabulous Hotel Bellwether.
- Kick off your holiday shopping at the 30th Annual Fall Craft & Antique Fair at the Northwest Washington Fair and Event Center.
- Swing by Bellewood Farms for Fall at Bellewood: Harvest Happens.
- Experience a show unlike any other in Bellingham with SUGAR: A Cabaret.
- Stop in at the Bellingham Handmade Market, a rotating selection of local makers hosted by Goods Local Brews and Goods Nursery & Produce.
- Explore the What Lies Beneath: Minerals of the Pacific Northwest exhibit at Whatcom Museum Old City Hall.
- Celebrate creativity and garment reuse at the Ragfinery Upcycle Runway Challenge.
- Experience the most influential figures of modern New Orleans funk, R&B, soul, and jazz at the Mount Baker Theatre with Take Me to the River LIVE!
- Visit Lynden’s Jansen Art Center and its Intertwinings exhibit, featuring artist Hilarie Couture.
- Support LAW Advocates and enjoy a fantastic meal at the annual Lawyers Take Orders Dinner and Auction.
- Join a two-part master class dance workshop with Bill Evans at the FireHouse Arts and Events Center.
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Featured photo by Lou Nicksic