The weather has taken a turn toward fall, but that’s no reason to stay tucked inside at home this weekend. WhatcomTalk has a list of goings-on that will keep you on-the-move, if you choose to be. You can also check out our full events calendar for all the great local happenings on the horizon.
- Enjoy all that is Bellingham at the weekly Bellingham Handmade Market.
- Looking to learn more about local roller derby? Attend the Roller Betties Booty Camp — no skating experience required!
- Take in the work of Bellingham-based artist Ed Bereal at his first museum retrospective, Wanted: Ed Bereal for Disturbing the Peace, at the Whatcom Museum.
- Listen to the one-and-only Diana Krall at the Mount Baker Theatre.
- Brush up on skills that instill biking confidence with a Confident City Cycling Class.
- Catch a play with the Bellingham Theatre Guild’s production of Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None.
- Who doesn’t love Wallace and Gromit? Catch them on the big screen this weekend at the Pickford Film Center.
- Stop by the Ferndale Farmers Market.
- Love cornhole? Throw in at an end-of-summer cornhole tournament for all ages at the Bellingham Senior Activity Center.
- Have your aura photographed by intuitive energy coach Charles Crooks.
- Get a workout and support Whatcom Water Week with the Run With the Chums 5K.
- Experience two nights of short plays all written the night before with 48-Hr Theater Festival #53.
- Give it your best at a Friday-the-13th-themed trivia night at Thousand Acre Cider House.
- Join cleanup crews at Semiahmoo Spit and Locust Beach for International Coastal Cleanup Day.
- Bring your LEGO-loving littles to Builders Club at the Bellingham Public Library.
- Explore the What Lies Beneath: Minerals of the Pacific Northwest exhibit at Whatcom Museum Old City Hall.
- Ever tried a drumming circle?
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Featured photo by Jodi Broughton