School’s finally out for all and everyone is ready to enjoy the weekend to the fullest! Here are a few ideas of things to do in and around Bellingham June 21–23. Don’t forget to check out our full events calendar for all the fun happening in Whatcom County.
- Attend a free yoga class.
- Celebrate the Summer Solstice at Camber.
- Take part in the ninth annual Chuckanut Writers Conference presented by the Whatcom Community College Community and Continuing Education program and Village Books.
- Enjoy music and food trucks with an astounding view at Semiahmoo’s Shindig on the Patio.
- Get a workout and raise funds for Teach One to Lead One at the Longest Day 10K.
- The Dance Studio celebrates 40 years with its production titled Rubies.
- Celebrate diversity, culture and art with an African fashion show.
- Discover environmentally friendly inspiration at the 17th annual Northwest Green Home Tour.
- Go fly a kite at Blaine Kite Day!
- Discover just how artistic quilting can get at the Whatcom Museum exhibit Modern Quilts: Designs of the New Century.
- See Nunsense at the Bellingham Theatre Guild.
- Enjoy three performers at An Evening of Belly Dance at the FireHouse Cafe and Performing Arts—including Miss Belly Dance USA 2014.
- Immerse your high school student in the college experience with College Quest at Western Washington University.
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Featured photo by Lori Thompson