It’s time for another great weekend! And this one has some especially remarkable reasons to celebrate. Did you know Friday is Hug Your Hound Day? Or that Saturday is National Clean Up Day and Make a Hat Day? I’ve never made a hat but I might just give it a shot this weekend. And Sunday is holding its own with Collect Rocks Day and Guacamole Day. Who doesn’t love an excuse to eat guacamole?! In addition, there are plenty of fun things to do in and around Bellingham September 14—16. And don’t forget to check out our full events calendar for all the fun happening in Whatcom County.
- Experience the Bellingham Traverse.
- Kick up your heels at BelleWood Acres’ Friday Night Farm Tunes.
- Go on a Schooner Zodiac Salmon Dinner Sail.
- Have a blast at BelleWood Acres’ Harvest Happens.
- Enjoy Sippin’ on Cider.
- Experience a Good Time Girls Downtown Sin and Gin Walking Tour.
- Learn how to Build a Cider Press.
- Discover what it’s like to Shop With a Chef.
- Find healing and community at Stories of Survival for Mothers of Child Loss.
- Learn how to make Aluminum Can Art.
- Travel to Australia with Lawrence Pang.
- Check out St. Francis Foundation’s 6th Annual Generation Celebration.
- Discover NASA: Colonizing Space.
- Cheer on WWU Men’s Soccer as they take on Hawaii Pacific.
Coming Up Next Weekend
- Bellingham SeaFeast
- Toshokan at the Bellingham Library
- Fairhaven Family Story Night
- Friday Night Farm Tunes
- Banned Books Week Kick-off
- Film Night
- Harvest Happens
- Fall into the Holidays Vendor, Artisan and Craft Event
- NASA: Colonizing Space
- Fall Bunting Workshop
- Fall Demo Derby
- The Official Blues Brothers Revue
- Tim Ballew Sr. and Stories of the Salish Sea
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.