Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. Whether you plan to spend the upcoming weekend celebrating romance, bromance, your best girlfriends or taking a little time for yourself, you’re sure to find plenty to fill your schedule. Here are a few fun Whatcom County and Bellingham weekend events but remember to check our full events calendar for all the fun happenings.
- Treat your sweet tooth at Blaine Library’s Feel the Love Bake Sale and test your own culinary skills at their cupcake competition, Cupcake Wars.
- Learn to make some decadent chocolate truffles at the Handmade Chocolate Truffle Workshop. You’ll learn three different flavors/techniques and each one can be varied to create more flavors: milk chocolate with chai spices, white chocolate with Grand Marnier and dark chocolate with raspberry-chocolate filling.
- Enjoy the tunes at Make.Shift’s Seventh Annual Valentine’s Day Cover Show. You’ll rock out as artists ranging from beginners to seasoned performers cover songs from 23 bands spanning decades of musical history and genres.
- Flex your creative muscles by making Upcycled Valentines at Ragfinery. They’ll provide the vintage patterns, fabric scraps, paper and other embellishments. You provide the cheesy/sweet sayings.
- Treat the entire family to a movie at the Pickford Film Center with The Tale of Despereaux. In this tale of bravery, forgiveness and redemption, one small creature will teach a kingdom that it takes only a little light to show the truth: what you look like doesn’t equal what you are.
- Delve into some sweet music with Marcel & Nakos as they play their signature bluegrass and jazz that is both traditional and improvisational. Grab a cold pint and some delicious street food from Stones Throw Brewery while you’re at it.
- Express your Valentine’s wins and woes in truly artistic form at an open mic.
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.