This week has flown by in a hurry. It seems like it was just New Years and now we’re a full month into 2017. After spending most of this week working, fulfilling family obligations and trying to find that thermostat sweet spot between freezing and financial ruin, I am ready to go have some weekend fun. I hope you are too. Here are a few Whatcom County and Bellingham weekend event ideas to get you started. Don’t forget to check out our full events calendar for all the fun happenings in Whatcom County this weekend.
- Get your groove on at MiniHam. This event is held on both Friday and Saturday at Tillie Lace Gallery and is jam packed with music and activities.
- Let loose with some lively Irish and Scottish folk music at Honey Moon Meadery. It promises to be a roarin’ good time.
- See what’s new in health and wellness at the Health & Fitness Fair where you can meet local natural health practitioners, sample and learn about supplements that can support your fitness goals, and enter to win great door prizes. Then swing by the Wellness Fair where you’ll find free samples, raffles, free massage coupons and more! Your body will thank you.
- Speaking of health, try out some veggie based dishes at these great local restaurants.
- Finally figure out how to use that digital camera at Turner Photographic’s Digital Photography Workshop. You’ll learn to take control of your camera and develop the confidence to make better photos.
- We’re deep into winter now, but spring is just around the corner. Get ready to sow those seeds with the class, “Learn to Grow a Vegetable Garden.” Staff from Cloud Mountain Farm Center for a practical overview of how to successfully grow a wide variety of produce throughout the year.
- Go for a walk downtown and check out The Phone Booth. This grassroots art project exemplifies the spirit of Bellingham.
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Photo credit: Jodi Broughton