Ahhh, summertime in Whatcom County. Is there anything better? And there’s plenty to do to while away the sunshine-filled hours. Here are just a few ideas—and don’t forget to check our full events calendar for all the great local goings-on this weekend.
- Swing by the Ferndale Farmers/Public Market.
- See Scream atop the Parkade as part of Pickford Film Center’s Rooftop Cinema series.
- What could be more magical than a bioluminescent paddle with the Community Boating Center on Bellingham Bay?
- Don’t miss Customer Appreciation Day at one of Bellingham’s best thrift stores, the Assistance League Thrift & Gift Shop.
- Take in incredible works of art by Willem de Kooning, Andy Warhol, Jackson Pollock and many more at Western Gallery’s Systems of Viewing.
- Bring your LEGO-loving littles to Fairhaven Builders Club.
- Enjoy a unique audience experience at the third annual 7-Day Dance Festival at the FireHouse Arts and Events Center.
- Imbibe at the 4th annual Bellingham Northwest Wine Festival.
- Want to learn more about local roller derby opportunities? Stop in at the Roller Betties meet and greet on Sunday.
- Dress for the weather and bring the whole family to learn more about nature at the Skulls and Skins nature event.
- Head to Everson’s Samson Estates Winery for the 2nd Sunday Summer Jazz Series.
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Featured photo by Justin Pedigo