Submitted by the Whatcom County Health Department
Our low barrier, drive-through testing site will open again this Friday and Saturday, July 17 and 18. The testing site will run from 9:30 am – 3:30 pm at the Civic Field Stadium parking lot.
If you are interested in being tested for COVID-19 at the drive-through site, keep the following things in mind:
- Lines will be long, possibly up to two to three hours. To make sure you can get tested, plan to arrive by 1:30 pm to get a spot in line.
- Please don’t bring your pets with you. Pets cannot be tested at this site and may be disruptive during the sample collection.
- For the safety of yourself and others, do not get out of your car.
- No one will be turned away from testing if they cannot access a vehicle. If you do not have a vehicle and your only option is to arrive at the site on foot or bike, follow instructions from site volunteers to get tested, and wear a mask at all times.
- Results will be available within 72 hours of your test. You will get a text message notifying you if your test results are negative, and a phone call if your test results are positive.
- We will provide updates on the testing site on Friday and Saturday. Follow along on the Whatcom County Health Department and Whatcom Unified Command Facebook pages to stay updated.
Drive-Through Testing Site Details
Anyone can get tested. You do not need an appointment or a doctor’s referral.
There is no cost for testing. If you have health insurance, please bring your insurance card. You won’t be charged a co-pay or deductible. If you do not have insurance, you can still get tested at no cost to you.
Bring identification, like a driver’s license or Washington State ID Card, if you have it. Even if you don’t have an ID, you can still be tested, but having an ID helps make registration faster. Personal information is used only for the purpose of communicating with individuals about their test results.
To be tested, enter the Civic Field Stadium parking lot on Puget Street via Fraser Street. You will be instructed where to drive once you enter the testing site. Do not exit your vehicle, and follow all instructions at the site to ensure the safety of workers, volunteers, and others seeking testing. Please be prepared to wait in line. No public restrooms are available at the site.
More information about the drive-through testing site is available at https://www.whatcomcounty.us/covidtesting.