Happy New Year, Whatcom County! Welcome to 2020 and 12 more months of fun, engaging activities for you, your family, and friends. Here are a few ideas to get you out there and having some fun this weekend. And don’t forget to check out our full events calendar for everything happening in and around Bellingham January 3-5.
- Take part in the year’s first Art Walk, kicking off your evening at Make.Shift Gallery with its ‘Eat Your Heart Out’ exhibit.
- Kulshan Chorus takes the Mount Baker Theatre stage on Saturday to perform ‘Light is Returning,’ songs that present stories of triumph over adversity.
- Take in the work of Bellingham-based artist Ed Bereal at his first museum retrospective, Wanted: Ed Bereal for Disturbing the Peace, at the Whatcom Museum.
- Catch a screening of Fantastic Planet at the Pickford Film Center, part of its Third Eye Cinema series—favorite flicks chosen by PFC staff and volunteers.
- Want to try something new? Join members of the Whatcom Weavers Guild at the Central Library for a small looms clinic.
- Explore the What Lies Beneath: Minerals of the Pacific Northwest exhibit at Whatcom Museum Old City Hall.
- The Jansen Art Center is proud to present Christen Mattix’s exhibit, Kaleidoscopic, as well as Trish Harding’s Separated From Normal.
WhatcomTalk strives to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Featured photo by Russell Clapp