The Thanksgiving holiday is upon us, and for folks who have out-of-town visitors—or are just looking for ways to get out of the house and celebrate the season—there are plenty of things to see and do around Whatcom County. Below are a few highlights, and don’t forget to check our full events calendar for all the great local goings-on this weekend.
- Watch the Apple Cup on Friday at Boundary Bay on the big screen in the Mountain Room.
- Get a jump on your holiday shopping at Bazaar By The Bay at the Semiahmoo Marina Store and Cafe.
- Make the short drive south to Stanwood and take in its annual Lights of Christmas festival with over 1,000,000 lights!
- Create your own Elf on the Shelf or fresh holiday wreath at Semiahmoo Resort on Saturday.
- Visit Santa at Old City Hall.
- Have a young baseball player in your life? They won’t want to miss a free coaching clinic presented by the Bellingham Bells.
- Enjoy the Harper&I Dance Center’s production of The Nutcracker at the Mount Baker Theatre.
- Stop by the YWCA for Bellingham Veg Fest, a vegan bazaar and bake sale with local animal sanctuaries, local artists and businesses selling crafts and gifts.
- Take in Va Va Variety, a showcase of Roller Betty skaters’ hilarious, glamorous, and unique talents in a full-length revue.
- Attend a roller derby scrimmage!
- Visit local artist Nicole Bishopp at her studio for a holidaze sale and wax party.
- Join a drumming circle.
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Featured photo by Randy Small