Here comes the weekend—are you ready for it? We sure are. Following is WhatcomTalk’s list of some of the things going on in the area, if you’re in search of ideas. And don’t forget to check our full events calendar for all the great local events happening this weekend.
- It’s Doctober at the Pickford Film Center, which means a bevy of fantastic documentaries to choose from. You can also bring your younger crew to Kid Pickford on Saturday, the monthly family-friendly film series for kids for just $1.
- Hear drummer Dan Brubek salute his father, Dave Brubeck, as his quartet plays a concert of well-loved Brubeck hits.
- Visit Lynden’s Jansen Art Center and its Fall Fiber Showcase 2019, featuring local tapestry weaver Linda Rees.
- Swing by Bellewood Farms for Fall at Bellewood: Harvest Happens.
- Stop in at the Ferndale Farmers/Public Market.
- Attend a free LitLive! event at Village Books, featuring authors Jennifer Gold and Kate Kaufmann.
- Hit the second weekend of the 2019 Whatcom Artist Studio Tour — in its 25th year!
- Take in the work of Bellingham-based artist Ed Bereal at his first museum retrospective, Wanted: Ed Bereal for Disturbing the Peace, at the Whatcom Museum.
- Bring your LEGO-loving littles to Builders Club at the Bellingham Public Library.
- Go see Lemons Lemons Lemons Lemons at the FireHouse Art & Events Center.
- Hit the Bellingham Handmade Market, a rotating selection of local makers hosted by Goods Local Brews and Goods Nursery & Produce.
- Ever tried a drum circle?
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Featured photo by Lori Thompson