Looking to lock down your weekend plans? WhatcomTalk has got you covered. Here’s our list of events happening in and around Bellingham. And don’t forget to check our full events calendar for all the great local goings-on this weekend.
- Celebrate Greek culture and enjoy food, live music, dancing and more at the Bellingham Greek Festival.
- It’s the first Friday of the month, which means Art Walk! Start your stroll at Make.Shift Gallery.
- Stop by the Ferndale Farmers Market.
- Attend the 15th annual Brigadoon Service Dogs Live Auction and Dinner and help this wonderful organization provide trained service dogs for veterans, adults and children with physical, developmental and mental health disabilities.
- Learn the basics of kayaking, sailing, paddle boarding and outrigger canoeing at Women on the Water 2019 at the Community Boating Center.
- Celebrate Eat Local Month and kick off Whatcom Farm Tour Weekend with an event hosted by Unity Care NW, Sustainable Connections and Ciao Thyme.
- Speaking of the Whatcom Farm Tour: See, taste, feel, and learn hands-on what goes into local food production during the 13th annual event.
- Celebrate the grand opening of Thousand Acre Cider House all weekend long with DJ Tricky, a swag raffle, shuffleboard tournament, and more.
- Show off your cribbage skills and raise funds for the Whatcom Dispute Resolution Center at the 13th annual Compete for a Cause Cribbage Tournament at Boundary Bay Brewery.
- Head to Everson’s Samson Estates Winery for the 9th annual Bellhaven Jazz Festival.
- Take in the work of Bellingham-based artist Ed Bereal at his first museum retrospective, Wanted: Ed Bereal for Disturbing the Peace, at the Whatcom Museum.
- There’s always something compelling on-screen at the Pickford Film Center.
- Want to learn more about local roller derby? Attend the Roller Betties Booty Camp — no skating experience required!
- Join a drumming circle.
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Featured photo by Stacee Sledge