The weekend is almost here—and just in the nick of time. Looking for things to do to while away the hours? Check out a few highlights below and access our full events calendar here.
- Does your family love the Hobbit? Go see BAAY’s production of the classic this weekend!
- Catch the Clair vg Thomas Theatre’s production of the Curious Savage.
- Support the Assistance League of Bellingham’s sock drive for Whatcom County kids in need.
- Hit the rugby spring season home opener for the Chuckanut Bay Geoducks as they take on the Seattle Quake.
- Take in Gypsy jazz from two of the most respected contemporary artists of the genre, Tim Kliphuis and Jimmy Grant, at the Mount Baker Theatre.
- See Northwest abstract painter Barbara Sternberger’s new exhibit at the Inn at Lynden.
- Attend nErDcamp at Whatcom Middle School, an “unconference” for educators, librarians and aspiring and published authors and illustrators, where the topics and sessions are determined and led by the participants.
- Belly up to a good old-fashioned pancake breakfast (with strawberries) at the Lynden Community Center.
- Attend the Whatcom Museum’s exhibition partnership with the Smithsonian, Conversations Between Collections: The Smithsonian American Art Museum and the Whatcom Museum.
- Attend a brewers open house at Chuckanut Brewery & Kitchen.
- It’s the fifth and final weekend of SERIAL KILLERS at the Sylvia Center for the Arts, a sudden-death tournament of episodic plays—voted on by audience members—that culminates in theatrical glory and cash prizes.
- View photographs by Ansel Adams and Leonard Frank at Whatcom Museum’s Two Views exhibit.
- Come celebrate the day the calendar forgot with Hot Damn Scandal and members of the Bellingham Circus Guild at a rip-roaring, veil-lifting show/dance party extravaganza!
- Bring your 3-to-5-year-old who is NOT enrolled in a preschool program to Kaleidoscope Play & Learn at the Bellingham Public Library.
- Zoltán Fejérvári has appeared in recitals throughout Europe and the United States–and now you can see him at the WWU Performing Arts Center as part of the Sanford-Hill Piano Series.
WhatcomTalk strives to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Featured photo by Randy Small