Well, January just flew by, didn’t it? Tons of snow: check. Wind and rain: check. Every day (thankfully!) getting a smidge longer: check. We’re grateful for this beautiful corner of the country we call home—and equally appreciative that there are always fantastic events and activities happening across Whatcom County that keep us connected to each other and to the area. Check out a few highlights below for the weekend of January 31 through February 2, and access our full events calendar here.
- Raise a glass for the return of Bellingham Cocktail Week!
- Attend a fundraiser for Bellingham Arts Academy for Youth and support equal access to arts education in our community.
- Serial Killers returns to the Sylvia Center for the Arts, a sudden-death tournament of episodic plays—voted on by audience members—that culminates in theatrical glory and cash prizes.
- Take an adaptive yoga class.
- Maybe it’s time to try a drum circle?
- The Jansen Art Center is proud to present Chrisen Mattix’s exhibit, Kaleidoscopic, as well as Trish Harding’s Separated From Normal. You can also take in the J’s 2019-2020 Winter Juried Exhibit while you’re there.
- Go see the Bellingham Theatre Guild production of Neil Simon and Anton Chekov’s The Good Doctor, directed by Jim Lortz.
- Like period instrument chamber music? Enjoy Mozart’s flute quartets at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church as part of the 2020 Salish Sea Early Music Festival in Bellingham.
- Catch Davis, a new play by Dinah Lankerovich, directed by Michael Morgen and presented by the iDiOM Theater.
- Take your daughter to GEMS Night Out (Girls in Engineering, Math & Science) at Western Washington University.
- Attend the kick off of Whatcom Museum’s exhibition partnership with the Smithsonian, Conversations Between Collections: The Smithsonian American Art Museum and the Whatcom Museum.
WhatcomTalk strives to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Featured photo by Dylan Burr