December is just flying by—and we’re loving every minute of it. Looking for local holiday shopping options? Or maybe you’d like to take in some live music and seasonal sounds? Here’s our weekly rundown of things going on in our community. And don’t forget to check out our full events calendar for everything happening in and around Bellingham December 13-15.
- Get some serious locally produced holiday shopping done at the Holiday Festival of the Arts, running through December 24th.
- Winterfest brings the spirit of Christmas to Fairhaven.
- The Jansen Art Center is proud to present Chrisen Mattix’s exhibit, Kaleidoscopic, as well as Trish Harding’s Separated From Normal.
- Re-visit WhatcomTalk’s round-up of holiday activities right here.
- Swing by the Naughty List’s inaugural Holiday Market at Broadway Hall.
- Bellingham Community Chorus presents Darkness and Light,
seasonal songs that provide the opportunity to reminisce, time to hope, and to dream.
- Get your jingle on at the Arthritis Foundation’s Jingle Bell Run.
- Enjoy the spirit of the holidays with live music, magical lands, delicious food, local craft vendors and hands-on workshops at the Whatcom Hills Waldorf School’s annual Winter Faire.
- Peruse the holiday wares of nearly 75 artisans, crafters and local businesses at the 6th annual Winter Wonderland Gift Gala at Ferndale’s Flow Motion.
- Take in the heart-warming Noel Ensemble for a magical afternoon of music at Lynden’s Jansen Art Center.
- See the nativity story told through the language of dance with Dancing For Joy.
- Up for some shenanigans? Then don’t miss the Good Time Girls’ Holiday History Hi-Jinks.
- The 23rd annual Pacific Arts Market in Sunset Square will feature 41 local artists and a wide array of holiday gifts.
- Take a break with your young ones and see Moomins and the Winter Wonderland as part of the monthly Kid Pickford series.
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Featured photo by Randy Small