The days might be shorter, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still fill them with fun. From holiday bazaars and craft fairs to live performances and stand-up comedy routines, there are plenty of things to do this weekend in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden, Blaine and throughout Whatcom County. You can access our full events calendar here. Check out a few highlights below.
- Hit up Haggen’s 5th annual Hamster Ball, a fabulous evening of food, drinks, music and community, which benefits Cascade Connections.
- Get a jump on your holiday shopping at Bazaar By The Bay at the Semiahmoo Marina Store and Cafe.
- Visit Lynden’s Jansen Art Center and its Intertwinings exhibit, featuring artist Hilarie Couture.
- Catch a trilogy of interlocking full-length plays with iDiOM Theater’s production of Alan Ayckbourn’s The Norman Conquests at Sylvia Center for the Arts.
- Enjoy an evening of contemporary dance with Blush Punch at the FireHouse Arts and Events Center.
- Don’t miss the Sudden Valley Holiday Craft Fair, offering handmade crafts and gifts for all occasions.
- Attend the Seeds of Hope gala, an annual fundraiser for Growing Veterans at Semiahmoo Resort.
- Need a laugh? Swing by the Blue Abode for its monthly comedy show with emcee Randall Ragsdale.
- Join the Bellingham Symphony Orchestra for an afternoon of melody and triumph as they feature works by Borodin, Beethoven and Saint-Saëns.
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, please send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.
Featured photo by David Jolly