There’s a chill in the air and no shortage of things to do around Whatcom County this weekend. Take a gander at our partial list of fun happenings—and don’t forget to check our full events calendar for all the great local goings-on.
- It’s the first Friday of the month, which means Art Walk!
- Stop in at the Ferndale Farmers Market.
- It’s Doctober at the Pickford Film Center!
- Enjoy renowned pianist Benjamin Hochman performing Brahms, Ades, Chopin and Schuman at the WWU Performing Arts Center.
- Hit the first weekend of the Whatcom Artist Studio Tour — in its 25th year!
- Raise a glass while you raise funds for Shifting Gears at Sippin’ on Cider: A Bellingham Cider Tasting Festival.
- Take in the work of Bellingham-based artist Ed Bereal at his first museum retrospective, Wanted: Ed Bereal for Disturbing the Peace, at the Whatcom Museum.
- Visit Lynden’s Jansen Art Center and its Fall Fiber Showcase 2019, featuring local tapestry weaver Linda Rees.
- Pumpkin patch season has arrived! Stop by Willetta Farms and pick your favorite for carving, take a horse-drawn wagon ride, feed goats and chickens, and shop homemade crafts.
- Have your aura photographed by intuitive energy coach Charles Crooks.
- Head to Camp Kirby and celebrate Camptoberfest with beer, cider, brats, music, gift baskets, door prizes and more.
- Dig into the What Lies Beneath: Minerals of the Pacific Northwest exhibit at Whatcom Museum Old City Hall.
- Go see Lemons Lemons Lemons Lemons at the FireHouse Art & Events Center.
- Put on your best ‘60s or ‘70s attire and celebrate 50 years with the Lynden Community/Senior Center.
- Hit the Bellingham Handmade Market, a rotating selection of local makers hosted by Goods Local Brews and Goods Nursery & Produce.
- Want to learn more about local roller derby? Attend the Roller Betties Booty Camp—no skating experience required!
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Featured photo by Randy Small