It’s time to make those weekend plans. Need some help? Here’s WhatcomTalk’s weekly rundown of what’s going on across Whatcom County. From a summertime festival in the county and bioluminescent paddles on the bay to theatre performances and live music, there are so many different things to see and do. Don’t forget to check our full events calendar for all the great local goings-on this weekend.
- Take yourself and your pup to the Dog Days of Summer festival at the Whatcom Humane Society Field.
- Stop by the Ferndale Farmers Market.
- Swing by Summerfest in Deming.
- Catch a performance of The Phantom Tollbooth at BAAY.
- Go on a magical bioluminescent paddle with the Community Boating Center on Bellingham Bay.
- Belly up to a good old fashioned pancake breakfast at the Lynden Community Center.
- See the production of The Spitfire Grill at the WWU Performing Arts Center.
- Enjoy a lecture and Bellingham Symphony Orchestra performance exploring Bach and contemporary composer Arvo Pärt.
- Bring your LEGO-loving littles to Fairhaven Builders Club.
- Go on a Sin and Gin Tour of downtown Bellingham with the Good Time Girls.
- Take the family on a Plover ride.
- Want to learn more about local roller derby? Attend the Roller Betties Booty Camp — no skating experience required!
- There’s always something compelling on-screen at the Pickford Film Center.
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Featured photo by Lori Thompson