Here comes the weekend! Are you ready? If not, WhatcomTalk has a weekly rundown of area happenings for you to peruse and ponder. And don’t forget to check our full events calendar for all the great local goings-on this weekend.
- Wrap up the 2019 Northwest Washington Fair with one more Moo-wich. Mark Chesnutt performs on Friday night, with Cheap Trick closing out the fair on Saturday night.
- Don’t miss Birch Bay Discover Days.
- Fan Fest NW is coming to Birch Bay this weekend, too!
- Enjoy live music, food and drinks at Barkley Village’s Concert on the Green while also raising money for Lydia Place.
- Head to Bellewood Farms and attend the Corvettes Unlimited Car Show & Shine with proceeds benefitting Project Santa Claus.
- Like to laugh? The Upfront Theatre is celebrating 15 years.
- Stop in at the Ferndale Farmers Market.
- Go on a bioluminescent paddle with the Community Boating Center on Bellingham Bay.
- Take in incredible works of art by Willem de Kooning, Andy Warhol, Jackson Pollock and many more at Western Gallery’s Systems of Viewing.
- Want to learn more about local roller derby? Attend the Roller Betties Booty Camp — no skating experience necessary!
- Have your aura photographed by local intuitive energy coach Charles Crooks.
- Explore the What Lies Beneath: Minerals of the Pacific Northwest exhibit at Whatcom Museum Old City Hall.
- Go on a Sin and Gin Tour of downtown Bellingham with the Good Time Girls.
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Featured photo by Lori Thompson