Summertime in Whatcom County?—is there anywhere better? Get out and enjoy all our area has to offer with WhatcomTalk’s weekly post chock full of things to do and explore. Don’t forget to check our full events calendar for all the great local happenings this weekend.
- It’s the first Friday of the month, which means Art Walk! Start your monthly excursion at Make.Shift.
- What could be more magical than a bioluminescent paddle with the Community Boating Center on Bellingham Bay?
- Did you know you can get up early every single morning of the Tour de France and cheer along live with fellow cycling enthusiasts at the Mount Bakery?
- Help clean our shorelines after all the 4th of July festivities.
- There are so many spectacular live theatre options this weekend: AJAX at the Sylvia Center for the Arts, a free outdoor showing of BRISEIS in Maritime Heritage Park, and The Clean House, Wit and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof in rotation at the Fairhaven Summer Repertory Theatre at the FireHouse Arts and Event Center.
- Take a contemporary dance class.
- There’s always something to take in at the Pickford Film Center. This weekend, one option is seeing Jackie Chan’s classic Drunken Master as part of the Third Eye Cinema series.
- Enjoy a small looms clinic for weavers at the Bellingham Public Library.
- Go explore the Firsts in Flight: A Hidden History exhibit at Whatcom Museum Old City Hall.
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Featured photo by Kate Galambos