Well, that’s nearly a wrap on June. How is it possible? Luckily, there’s plenty of summer and sunshine ahead of us—and lots of fun things to do this weekend in and around Bellingham. Here are a few ideas to get your planning started. Don’t forget to check our full events calendar for all the great local happenings this weekend.
- Don’t miss the Whatcom Cultural Arts Festival in Fairhaven.
- Hey, batter batter! Go see the Bellingham Bells take on the Portland Pickles at Joe Martin Field.
- Enjoy two full days of exploring gorgeous local gardens with the Whatcom Horticultural Society’s annual tour.
- See Nunsense at the Bellingham Theatre Guild
- Stop in at the 6th annual Bellingham Beer and Music Festival and raise money for local radio station KZAX.
- Join the Community Boating Center for a guided bioluminescent paddle.
- Mmmm, pancakes. Benefit senior programs at the Lynden Community Center pancake breakfast.
- Discover how artistic quilting can be with a docent-led tour of Modern Quilts at the Whatcom Museum.
- Catch a performance of Ajax at the Sylvia Center for the Arts
- Take part in the 5th annual K2K Race with Kulshan Brewery with live music, food trucks, a costume contests and more.
- Try a contemporary dance class.
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Featured photo by Kate Cleary