How is it that June is already upon us? The weather report says sunshine and warmer weather are headed our way, so make a plan to enjoy it! Take a glance at WhatcomTalk’s rundown of the weekend’s happenings for ideas of things to do—and don’t forget to check out our full events calendar for everything happening in and around Bellingham May 31–June 2.
- Don’t miss the annual Farmers Day Parade in downtown Lynden.
- Enjoy emerging artists of Opus Performing Arts at their Spring Showcase.
- Welcome to Bellingham one of music’s major forces as Michael Feinstein and special guest Storm Large bring ‘Shaken & Stirred’ to the Mount Baker Theatre stage.
- Survey spring bird life in the North Cascades with North Cascades Institute instructor Libby Mills.
- Stop by the Lynden Farmers Market on Saturday.
- Rock and stomp your way through the Barn Burner Dance and Fish Fry Benefit for Veterans, hosted by the Lynden Line Dancers.
- Join a drumming circle!
- Take part in the 4th annual Hamster Crawl with proceeds benefitting Cascade Connections.
- Explore Whatcom Museum’s exhibit ‘Firsts in Flight: A Hidden History.’
- Catch ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ at the Limelight.
- Tour historic Old City Hall.
- Whatcom Chorale and Whatcom Sinfonia present the premiere of Scott Henderson’s ‘Ordinary Prayers’ and two works by Mozart.
- Take a contemporary dance class at the FireHouse Arts and Events Center!
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Featured photo by Jodi Broughton