Here comes the weekend—and rumor has it the weather is going to be gorgeous! Take a glance at WhatcomTalk’s weekly rundown of the weekend’s happenings. And don’t forget to check out our full events calendar for everything happening in and around Bellingham May 10–12.
- Enjoy the 9th annual Farm to Table Dinner at Broadway Hall benefiting Pioneer Meadows Montessori School.
- Hit up the Dark Garden Unique Corsetry Trunk Show and Sale at Social Fabric.
- Bring the whole family to see BAAY’s production of “Matilda the Musical.”
- Don’t forget it’s the 27th annual Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive.
- Help raise funds—and have fun—at the spring dance to benefit the Community Boating Center, with a performance by The Walrus.
- Hear Dr. Devin Naar speak on The Mediterranean Jewish Experience of the Holocaust.
- Spoil Mom at Hotel Bellwether’s Mother’s Day brunch buffet.
- Immerse yourself in the musical retrospective “Live From Lauren Canyon” at Mount Baker Theatre.
- Take in Whatcom Museum’s exhibit “Firsts in Flight: A Hidden History.”
- Catch Sarah Ruhl’s play, “Orlando,” directed by Rich Brown at Sylvia Center for the Arts.
- Catch a movie at the Pickford Film Center.
- Join a drumming circle!
- Tour historic Old City Hall.
- Take a contemporary dance class at the FireHouse Arts and Events Center.
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Featured photo by Lori Thompson