Armed Forces Day is Saturday so why not take the opportunity to express your thanks to those who have served our country? Buy a cup of coffee for a vet. Donate to a veterans’ cause. Lend your support and encouragement to military families. Or just take the time to say thank you. In between, be sure to take some time to enjoy this beautiful land that our military members protect. You’ll find plenty of fun Whatcom County weekend events to keep you busy. Here’s a few to get you started. Don’t forget to check our full events calendar for all the great local happenings this weekend.
- Enjoy Whatcom County’s burgeoning art scene with “Emerging Nature: Paintings by Mike Bathum,” “Haunts of the Heart: Landscapes of Lynn Zimmerman,” “Kayla White Paintings at the Inn at Lynden” and “Spring Juried Exhibit.”
- Get rid of your document clutter with the Free Shred Event at Bob Wallin Insurance.
- Get healthy with Electric Beet Juice Company.
- Head out to the Welding Rodeo at Bellingham Technical College. Read more here.
- Take the family out to eat at these delicious and affordable local restaurants.
- Put on your sleuthing hat with the 1940’s Mystery Dinner Night.
- Get your groove on with Jazzercise.
- Check out Ragfinery’s Cirque du Couture Runway Challenge.
- Hit the trails for some of the best mountain biking in the state.
- Hike the great outdoors.
- Laugh your socks off with The Upfront Theatre’s Genre Legends.
- Support Skookum Kids and Family Promise by attending Women Sharing Hope’s 18th Annual Champagne Luncheon & Silent Auction.
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Feature Image Photo credit: Paulee Offerson.