It’s weekend time! After a long week of work, it’s time to get out and play. Fortunately, spring is upon us and Whatcom County is in full bloom. Bellinghamsters are emerging from their winter hibernation and are bringing lots of cool events with them. So go have some fun! Here are a few fun Whatcom County weekend events to get you started. Don’t forget to check our full events calendar for all the great local happenings this weekend.
- Indulge in the arts! “Emerging Nature: Paintings by Mike Bathum,” is at the Jansen Art Center, along with “Haunts of the Heart: Landscapes of Lynn Zimmerman.” Meanwhile, Kayla White’s paintings are showing at the Inn at Lynden.
- Take an art class with Skagit Valley Tulip Festival’s 2017 poster artist Trish Harding.
- Check out BAAY’s presentation of Aristokittens.
- Laugh your socks off with The Upfront Theatre’s “Baywatch” and “Pirates.”
- Lend a hand, get some fresh air and have some fun at Whatcom Land Trust’s Earth Day Work Party and BBQ.
- Or head over to Ferndale Library’s Earth Day Celebration.
- Get ready to grow by stocking up on compost at the Kiwanis Club of Bellingham and Sehome High School Annual Compost Sale.
- Then learn more about vermiculture and composting at Blaine Library.
- You can even learn how to grow the perfect tomato thanks to the experts at Joe’s Gardens!
- And don’t forget to take some time to enjoy this beautiful area we call home. Happy Earth Day!
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Feature image photo credit: Justin Pedigo | FC Photography.