Focus on Health: Wellness Day at the Co-op’s Downtown Store
Free, everyone welcome
The Co-op wishes you a happy and healthy New Year, and to give you a head start on your best health we invite you to join us for Wellness Day.
In the Downtown Store:
• Samples and information from local vendors.
• Tasty treats (like smoothies) from various Co-op departments.
• Chair massage by Dora Keating, ND/LMT, from The Shanti Center.
• Information from Whatcom Alliance for Health Advancement (WAHA) regarding health care, open enrollment, and general health education.
• Chat with Jim Ehmke, popular Co-op Healthy Connections wellness class instructor.
In the Co-op Classroom (across the street from the Downtown store):
Co-op Wellness Talks featuring Co-op Healthy Connection class instructors and local health practitioners. Attend one session, or join us for the entire series!
1:00 p.m. Brain Health with Jim Ehmke, clinical nutritionist. Learn proactive ways to enhance memory and prevent Alzheimer’s.
1:20 p.m. Current Trends in Health Care with Michael A. Gregory, advanced registered nurse practitioner. Michael believes in a proactive approach to health and fitness. He encourages patients to make healthy food choices that complement an active lifestyle.
1:40 p.m. Tips for a Deliciously Balanced Plant-Based Diet with Michelle Smith, registered dietitian nutritionist and nutrition coach. Learn simple ways to adopt a more plant-based way of eating with simple and practical steps.
2:00 p.m. Hemp and Wellness with Christy King, Cordata wellness team. Learn about the health benefits of hempseed oil and CBD oil.
2:20 p.m. Stress & Digestion with Isabel Castro, certified ayurvedic practitioner. Learn simple stress-relieving tips to enhance digestion.
2:40 p.m. Rapid Relaxation with Hypnosis with Erika Flint, board certified hypnotist and accredited certified professional hypnotherapy instructor.