Submitted by: Village Books and Paper Dreams
Village Books and Paper Dreams has easy solutions for holiday gift givers this season.
- Solved: employee gifts! The independent bookstore and gift shop with locations in Fairhaven and Lynden offers a 10 percent discount on bulk gift card purchases of $200 or more. For more information, contact email@example.com.
- Need inspiration to get your gift-giving in gear? Attend Village Books and Paper Dreams’ 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 11, pre-holiday Open House in Fairhaven or Lynden. Try out new board games, including Bellinghamopoly from the Bellingham Regional Chamber of Commerce. Sample products. Join the famous “Book Walk” to win prizes. Visit stations around the store for gift giving ideas and to complete a game card. Turn in completed cards for a chance to win discounts or prizes. Before you go, take a tag from the store’s Giving Tree to buy a book for a local child. You’ll receive a 20 percent discount for the Giving Tree book purchase. Last year alone, generous shoppers gave books to almost 1,300 children through eight local organizations.
- Do you have busy, on-the-go readers on your list? Give them an audiobook from Libro.fm, and your purchase will support Village Books. The audiobook alternative makes it easy to gift memberships or specific titles from their catalog of more than 100,000 titles. Send your gift by email or print a certificate. Visit libro.fm/villagebooks to choose from over 100,000 audiobooks. Bulk orders for corporate or employee gifts are also available.
- The Fairhaven store is partnering with Northwest Youth Services to offer gift wrapping services during the final hectic days of the season. For a donation, volunteers will put the flourish on holiday gifts 12:00 to 4:00 p.m. the two weekends before Christmas (Friday, Dec. 14; Saturday, Dec. 15; Sunday, Dec. 16 and Friday, Dec. 20; Saturday, Dec. 21 and Sunday, Dec. 23). Donations support construction of Northwest Youth Service’s new day-use center, The Ground Floor.
- Are you or someone on your list the ultimate Village Books and shop local fan? Choose the new Village Books and Paper Dreams Passport. The 32-page, whimsical passport sells for $30 and includes a range of experiences that Passport holders will complete to earn prizes. Upon completion, they’ll be inducted into the exclusive League of Extraordinary Readers. “We think it’s going to be a lot of fun for our customers and for our staff. It’s one more way we are building community, and we’re looking forward to cheering people along as they gather stamps,” says Village Books and Paper Dreams co-owner Sarah Hutton.
About Village Books and Paper Dreams:
Founded in 1980, Village Books and Paper Dreams is a community-based, independent bookstore and gift shop with two locations: the flagship store in the historic Fairhaven district of Bellingham and its second location in the historic Waples Mercantile Building in Lynden. Co-owners Kelly Evert, Paul Hanson, Sarah Hutton and their staff continue Village Books’ mission of “building community, one book at a time.” Learn more at villagebooks.com.