Submitted by: The Chrysalis Inn & Spa
The Chrysalis Inn & Spa was proud to present their December spa donation in the amount of $2,000 to the Ferndale Community Service Cooperative (FCSC). This non-profit is a consortium of seven, 100 percent volunteer-driven charities that were created to bridge the gaps in social, health and emergency services left unmet by public agencies and organizations in greater Ferndale. It provides fiscal sponsorship and capacity-building assistance, and a structure for organizations to work together and share resources.
Programs operating under the FCSC 501(c)3 umbrella are:
- Community Resource Center: social service information, bus and shower passes, clothing bank, fax, copier, computer
- Family Community Funds: back packs, school supplies, outreach
- Family Meals Project: information and experience in planning and preparing meals
- Friendship Community Garden: organic gardening plots
- Holiday Giving Store: Christmas gifts for children birth to age 18
- Other Bank: hygiene and cleaning supplies for low income families
- Volunteer Mobilization Center: disaster preparation and volunteer coordination.
Read more, volunteer, participate or donate at the Ferndale Community Service Cooperative website.
The Chrysalis, a locally owned hotel, spa and restaurant on Fairhaven’s waterfront, has been giving 1 percent of monthly spa revenues to a local non-profit since February of 2017. With the passing of the new federal tax plan, owner Mike Keenan is even more committed to putting his corporate tax cuts into the hands of those most in need in our own community.
January’s donation recipient will be The Whatcom Dream whose mission is to create poverty-reducing pathways for Whatcom County residents to discover their dreams and achieve their full potential by teaching financial literacy to help break the cycle of poverty.