WhatcomTalk is expanding its writing team. Join our team of paid, professional writers that live, work and play in Whatcom County.
WhatcomTalk publishes positive stories about people, businesses and organizations doing good things in communities across Whatcom County. Our stories are published online and distributed via social media. Our platform reaches people that want to know about great things happening around us.
Joining the freelance writing team of WhatcomTalk gives you an opportunity to release your creative spirit, meet new people around the community, explore things that you are interested in, and contribute to a locally owned, growing business. Some of our writers craft more than 10 articles per month, others write just one — and everything in between. The position is very flexible, based on a writer’s time availability and interests.
- Proven experience creating error-free articles on deadline
- Ability to interview and interface with local business owners
- Interest in writing advertising and marketing materials as well as business articles
- Skills to snap quick photographs during interviews to submit with stories
- Initiative to pitch story ideas on a monthly basis
- Sincere passion for sharing the positive stories happening in our community
- Submit a resume in Word format to email@example.com.
- Include 200 words (or less) about why you love your community.
- Resumes and writing samples are due by Tuesday, September 12 at 5:00 p.m.