After a summer filled with travel, I am so excited to have a weekend to just enjoy the fun things going on at home. Luckily, there is a bounty of fun to be had because Whatcom County is such an awesome place. What am I most excited about? The Northwest Washington Fair! It’s going to be a blast! Be sure to check out these fun Whatcom County weekend events for Aug. 11-13 as well, including our great local farmers’ markets. The produce is ripe and ready to enjoy! And don’t forget to check our full events calendar for all the great local happenings this weekend.
- Enjoy some good wholesome fun at the Northwest Washington Fair.
- Get educated at Documentary Night: Cooked with Michael Pollan.
- Experience another perspective with Angels in America at Pickford Film Center.
- Enjoy Socrates Cafe at Village Books.
- Laugh out loud at Help! My Husband Has Gone Missing, My Daughter is Getting Married and I Am Having Hot Flashes!
- Delight in some truly great ice cream.
- Stock up on fresh, locally grown, healthy produce at the Ferndale Farmers Market, Bellingham Farmers Market and Twin Sisters Farmers Market.
- Giggle along with The Heroes.
- Try some delicious Ethiopian Food.
- Indulge in these classic summer activities.
- Reconnect your family with nature.
- Take the family out to eat at these delicious and affordable local restaurants.
- Jump in the water and go for a swim.
- Hit the trails for some of the best mountain biking in the state.
- Hike the great outdoors.
- Make a great Charred Green Onion Pesto.
- Enjoy a hike with a view.
- Spend some time at Spark Museum.
- Take an active role in your local government at the Lynden City Council Meeting.
- Get crafty at Ragfinery.
Up Next Weekend:
- Fairhaven Fourth Friday Art Walk
- Groovin’ for Good
- Robert Dubac’s The Male Intellect: An Oxymoron?
- Peace Weavers: Uniting the Salish Coast Through Cross-Cultural Marriages
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.