August has arrived! This is, by far, my most favorite summer month. The sun is firmly in the sky, the days feel long and luxurious, and there are so many fun things to do! Check out these fun Whatcom County weekend events for Aug. 4-6, including our great local farmers’ markets. All of our great local produce is ripe and ready to enjoy! Don’t forget to check our full events calendar for all the great local happenings this weekend.
- Savor the culture at the Downtown Bellingham Art Walk.
- Rock out at The Birch Bay Music Festival.
- Delight in the classic, The Tortoise vs. The Hare.
- Golf for Good at Opportunity Council’s Golf FORE! Good.
- Stock up on fresh, locally grown, healthy produce at the Ferndale Farmers Market, Bellingham Farmers Market and Twin Sisters Farmers Market.
- Learn how to hand dye fabric.
- Try some delicious Ethiopian Food.
- Indulge in some classic summer activities.
- Take the family out to eat at these delicious and affordable local restaurants.
- Jump in the water and go for a swim.
- Cheer on the Bellingham Bells.
- Laugh along with the incredible antics of Heroes.
- Hit the trails for some of the best mountain biking in the state.
- Run for a cause with the Miles for Memories 5k Walk/Run.
- Hike the great outdoors.
- Cook up something fresh.
- Kick back and relax with the internationally acclaimed Salome at The Pickford.
- Get involved in local government at the Lynden City Council Meeting.
Up Next Weekend:
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.
Photo credit: Justin Pedigo | FC Photography.