Happy Easter weekend everyone! The next few days are chock full of great opportunities to celebrate spring, get out and play and hang with the Easter Bunny. Here are a few fun Whatcom County weekend events to get you started. Don’t forget to check our full events calendar for all the great local happenings this weekend.
- There are a lot of great art exhibitions in town, so go check them out. Haunts of the Heart: Landscapes of Lynn Zimmerman is at the Jansen Art Center. The paintings of Kayla White are showing at the Inn at Lynden. The Spring Juried Exhibit is at the Jansen Art Center. And Emerging Nature: Painting by Mike Bathum will be on display at Jansen Art Center.
- Or create your own art with classes by the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival’s 2017 poster artist at Whatcom County College.
- Laugh out loud with The Upfront Theatre’s rendition of “Baywatch” and “Pirates.”
- Get some fresh air and stretch your legs at the Deception Pass Marathon and 1/2 Trail Run.
- Join the first trail building day on the recently adopted, well-loved Cedar Dust on Galbraith Mountain. This is a family-friendly event! They’ll be bringing along their house-made Root Beer and lunch for the helpers and will be hosting kid-friendly and adult-friendly egg hunts!
- Hop on down to the New Hope Foursquare Church Easter Egg Hunt or one of the many great Whatcom County Easter Egg Hunts happening this weekend.
- Celebrate Easter with brunch at the Semiahmoo Resort.
- Or enjoy the holiday at Boundary Bay Brewery’s Easter Brunch & Egg Hunt.
- Then unwind from all the celebratory fun by exploring the Hidden Eateries of North State Street.
WhatcomTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden and throughout Whatcom County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Bellingham and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar. To submit an event of your own, visit our events calendar and click on the green “Post Your Event” button.